Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Change of plans...

So originally this blog was a way for me to share my crafty exploits (mostly fails! lol) and other projects but I've recently had a change of heart. I have decided to use this blog as more of a journal and scrapbook of sorts. The reason I have decided to do this is well.... I'm sort of obsessed with memories.

I have always been fascinated with stories of the past. I love listening to my parents, grandparents, and other older family members tell stories about their pasts. I love listening to anyone talk about the way things used to be. I think for me, it's almost like reading a book.  I can sit and imagine the scene in my mind as they tell their stories. I think it's why I love history so much and studied it in college.

I also have this slightly irrational fear that one day when I'm old, I'm going to get some form of dementia and I won't be able to share all my memories with my children and grandchildren. It's very important to me to be able to make sure they know the stories and see the pictures.

So anyway, that's what this blog is now going to become, a memory book. I know I only have one subscriber, who just happens to be my saster, but I welcome any and all of you out there to read and share in our memories and maybe you'll get a few laughs and be able to relate too!

1 comment: