Thursday, August 9, 2012

Eggless Cookie Dough

I think most of you would agree that the best part of baking is the batter. Brownie batter, cake batter... it's my whole motivation for baking. Cookie dough however is in a whole other category, at least in my book. It is the yummiest of them all! Now I know that you shouldn't eat raw dough with egg in it but I really just don't have that much self control. Now I've seen all these recipes for eggless cookie dough aaaaall over Pinterest and I really really wanted cookie dough so I figured it was high time I tried one of them!

I looked at several recipes and found two that looked good. I ended up going with this one. I chose it basically because I was feeling lazy and it had the fewest ingredients. ( It's been a busy couple of days ok!) I did end up fiddling with it a little though. It was good but I thought it tasted a bit too flour-y. I ended up adding extra butter and salt and a bit of granulated sugar too.

My helper and my messy workspace.

Eggless Cookie Dough
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened (I ended up using 3/4 cup butter)
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup milk
1 cup flour
Pinch salt (I used probably 2 pinches)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
(I also added about 1- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar)

In a medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar and butter until smooth. Stir in vanilla and milk. Mix in the flour, salt, and chocolate chips until well blended. Chill in the refrigerator.

The finished product!

This was pretty good but I think I may try the other recipe that I found next time. I'll let ya know how it turns out. If any of you out there have a recipe for eggless cookie dough that you like please share it!


No comments:

Post a Comment